Outreach Trainer News
Lost Card Replacement Instructions
To request replacement cards and remit payment, please use the following form and fax, email, or mail to Leslie Singleton.
- Outreach Trainer’s name and ID#
- Trainer’s mailing address
- The type of card: 10 / 30 Construction,
General Industry, Maritime
- Name of student requesting replacement card
- Date of student’s original training
From the U.S. Department of Labor,
NEW! OSHA Training Program Requirements
IMPORTANT OUTREACH TRAINING NEWS:
OSHA Recordkeeping Changes: OSHA has issued a new final rule requiring employers to notify OSHA when an employee is killed on the job or suffers a work-related hospitalization, amputation or loss of an eye. The new rule, which also updates the list of employers partially exempt from OSHA record keeping requirements, took effect January 1, 2015, for workplaces under federal OSHA jurisdiction. Workplace injuries and fatalities are completely preventable, and these new requirements will help OSHA focus its resources and hold employers accountable for preventing them. The employees, researchers and public to information about workplace safety and health and increase their ability to identify and abate serious hazards. https://www.osha.gov/recordkeeping2014/index.html
The Directorate of Training and Education (DTE) has recently revised the “Introduction to OSHA” training materials for the 10- and 30-hour Outreach Training Program classes. The materials were revised to incorporate the recent changes to the Hazard Communication Standard to align with the Global Harmonization System (GHS). The revised materials include
• Introduction to OSHA Instructor Guide – Replaced references to Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) with Safety Data Sheets (SDS) including Table of Contents, Appendix A1, C1, and D1
• Introduction to OSHA Power Points – Replaced slides 13, 14, 22, and 39 to reflect Safety Data Sheets
• Safety Data Sheet (SDS) handout replaces Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
The revised training materials are located on the OSHA Web site at http://www.osha.gov/dte/outreach/teachingaids.html.
Most Frequently Cited 2014
OSHA Outreach Training Program website:
OSHA Fraud Hotline
Email OTIEC Region 1 Outreach Trainer Coordinator
Supplemental Training Aids:
Susan Harwood Training Grant Materials: http://www.osha.gov/dte/grant_materials/index.html